Monday, March 30, 2009

Greek sausage salad

 

Toss together:
mixed greens
grape tomatoes
kalamata olives
red pepper (diced or sliced)
cucumbers
penne rigatoni pasta (after it's been cooked and cooled)
sundried tomatoes
*chicken sausage

You can add just about any vegetable you like (shredded carrots would be great too!)

 


I drizzle over the salad:

Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper

Toss all together and enjoy!!

*I buy my chicken sausages at Costco. They have a variety. I like the sundried tomatoe/itallian cheese blend. My preference are the ones that are fatter in circumference. I believe they come 16/pack. I freeze 4-5 at a time in quart size freezer bags to have on hand when I need something quick. To cook the sausage I put them frozen in a sauce pan with a lid. Add a little water, cover the pan and bring to med-high heat. Keep adding water as needed until the sausages are completely thawed. At this point if there is any excess water, drain. Return to stove, add a little EVOO to brown (saute) the sausages on all sides. Let the sausage cool, slice and add to the salad.

1 comment:

Astyn said...

Mmmm Eryn....these look delicious! Both the stew and the salad. I haven't checked this in awhile and I should have been. We could have been eating this yummy salad last week instead of bean burritos that I believe we had at least twice.
Much love.